Sunday morning procedure:
- Sleep in, play on Instagram for a bit, tell yourself to put your bloody phone away and sleep for a bit longer.
- Walk as slowly as possible to the kettle and heater as you contemplate what adulthood tasks need to be completed throughout the day as you eat your fairly shit breakfast choice.
- Take far too long completing adulthood tasks then have a shower and feel like a brand new wo-man.
- Eat again because breakfast decision number one provided little to no satisfaction.
- Decide the only way to rectify this + feel like a adult + aid future selfs plans to be “good on Monday” is to make a little kinda loaf that toasted and buttered and jammed is a sure thing to a Sunday ritual.
Apple, Nut & Seed Breakfast Loaf
Makes one lovely loaf
Adapted from Grown & Gathered
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup honey
1tsp vanilla extract
1tbs lemon juice
2 apples, grated
1 1/2 cups oats
1/2 cup psyllium husk
1 1/2 cups almond meal
1/4 cup flaxseed meal – see note
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp baking soda
Heat your oven to 160 and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
Melt your butter, oil and honey in a fairly big bowl in the microwave. Whisk together then add the eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and apples then leave aside.
In another big bowl, mix the remaining ingredients then add the wet mixture to the dry and stir through until you have a fully combined cake-like mixture.
Spread out evenly into your loaf tin patting it down with the back of a spoon then bake for an hour or until a skewer comes out clean. Remove your loaf from the tin and place it upside down on a baking tray then pop it back in the oven for a further 10-15. You want the bottom (now top) to be as golden and crunchy.
Serve toasted with butter and jam!
Flaxseed meal is the ground/flour version of flaxseeds.