Current reasons for living:
- The cast of Hamilton is performing at the Super Bowl on Sunday
- My mum has decided that doing my ironing gives her enjoyment in life
- *works from home* she paints her nails
- Newly washed delicious sheets when you hop into bed
- Chobani coconut yoghurt and peanut butter cups are within reaching distance from me.
- I just joined F45 and it’s more than my food bill each week so you know, gotta do that shit.
- I have discovered the Italian grocer up the road from me serves homemade ricotta straight from the tub. I die. No wait. I make this… then I die.
Creamy Pumpkin & Ricotta Casarecce Pasta
Half a butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes
1 sprig of rosemary
4 cloves of crushed garlic
Swig of white wine
2 teaspoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons of ricotta
500g casarecce pasta
Parmesan to serve
Salt & pepper
Heat your oven to 200.
Place the chopped pumpkin and rosemary on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until soft. Add the crushed garlic to the tray and bake for a further 2-3 mins then remove from the oven. Once the pumpkin has cooled down slightly, transfer to a food processor or mixer and puree until smooth.
Now’s a good time to cook your pasta as per the packet instructions.
While that’s on, drizzle a little oil in a pan and add the pureed pumpkin, white wine and tomato paste. Stir around for a few minutes while the alcohol cooks out then add the ricotta. Once the mixture is smooth, season well with salt & pepper then add the cooked pasta. If the dish is looking too thick, just add a little extra olive oil to help loosen it up then serve with parmesan. Yuumm yum yum.