Friday January 6:
- When is The Walking Dead coming back?
- Are we actually required to become friends with all the Uber drivers? Because that’s my favourite time to Pinterest polished concrete floors or pale pink one seater chairs that the husband will never let me buy.
- How is Mariah Carey still a thing? I blame everyone for encouraging her with that Christmas song. Stupid us for liking that stupid song and encouraging Mariah Carey.
- When our bloody shipping container will arrive in Australia from Malaysia so I can begin being a proper cook again. This one wok, one knife situation in our temporary apartment isn’t working for me on the most epic levels. #expatproblems
- An 8 year old told me I looked pregnant yesterday. Today, I die. Tomorrow, I eat Nutella from the jar.
Crunchy Nut Honey Granola
3/4 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
1tsp vanilla extract
3 cups of oats
1 cup of puffed wholegrain – see below
1 cup of slivered almonds
1 cup walnuts
1 cup of pumpkin seeds
1 cup on sunflower seeds
5tbs chia seed
Pre heat your oven to 170 and line two baking trays.
Put the honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract in a bowl then microwave for 30 seconds and stir through until smooth. Mix all the remaining ingredients in a different big bowl then pour over the honey sauce. Stir through really well until each oat is glossy.
Transfer the mixture evenly over the baking trays and bake for 20 minutes or until golden (keep your eye on this as every oven will differ slightly and the oats and honey can burn easily).
Leave aside to cool then store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks! Done & done.
Use whatever puffed grain you can find and like the sound of. I go between puffed spelt, buckwheat and millet. Puffed rice is always a sure thing in your supermarket if you struggle to find any.