Things that are too often overlooked:
– big yellow taxi (preferably the counting crows version)
– going down a hill on a bike
– someone asking you for directions and knowing the answer
– good hair days
– when you get to the crossing and the red man turns green instantly
– electric blankets
– having the exact change
– the word clementine and cauliflower
– the girl at Starbucks knowing my name
– having a cake in a cake stand
Super Moist Raspberry Loaf Cake
180g butter at room temp
140g plain flour
50g almond meal
1 1/2tsps baking powder
1tsp vanilla extract
Handful of frozen raspberries
Pre heat your oven to 170 and line a loaf or cake tin.
Using a stand mixer:
Whip the butter and sugar together on level 4, using the whisk attachment, until smooth and creamy. Crack the eggs in one at a time then while the mixer is still going, gradually pour in the remaining ingredients – except the raspberries.
Old school method:
Using an electric beater or a whisk, whip the butter and sugar together until smooth. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla to the bowl and gently whip until smooth. Stir through the remaining ingredients – except the raspberries – until you get a thick cake batter.
All together now…
Stir the raspberries through the mixture then spoon into your prepared tin, evening out as you go. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool before slicing.