Like anywhere I travel, the most important thing to me is where I eat… and what my room looks like… and what I wear. OK OK, so eating is not the most important thing but it’s pretty up there and I as I prep to fly to London tonight, it’s no exception.
It’s a tough call. Which has better food… London or New York? It is almost too tough to answer, so I wont. I’ll let you decide. Which is why I have compiled my best of London list with a NY list on the way. In the hope not to crowd the internet even more with reviews and opinions that simply confuse you, should you choose to trust my palate here are my favs. First and foremost based on taste then atmosphere, cool factor, staff, value and location.
My fav restaurants in London
1. Polpo, Soho & Covent Garden. Epic share meatballs in romantic lighting.
2. 10 Greek Street, Soho. Wholesome food from the heart.
3. Pitt Cue, Oxford Circus. Southern style meats to blow you away.
4. Anchor & Hope, Southbank. Sunday arvo with epic lamb shoulder.
5. Barrafina, Convent Garden. Spanish tapas served by your personal chef.
6. Grangers & Co, Nottinghill. Brunch that feels like home.
7. Burger & Lobster, Soho. Burgers, lobsters and bibs. Nuff said.
8. Bone Daddies, Soho. Ramen, cocktails and Japanese cool.
9. Pizza East, Shoreditch. Hipster pizza in almost too cool setting.
10. Daylesford, Nottinghill. Brunch, home wares & cookbooks.